Depositing new content into Open Access Victoria University of Wellington | Te Herenga Waka is quick and easy.
Deposits are prepared in the Elements system and become discoverable in our Figshare open access repository.
- By making this deposit you will make your research discoverable and increase its potential impact
- The open access version will reference the published version and provide a preferred citation which highlights the published version.
- Our system creates a DOI for easy sharing of research.
- Login to your Elements account.
- Navigate to the publication you wish to deposit. At this time only journal articles, conference contributions and book chapters can be deposited.
- If you can’t locate it then add a new publication.
- Use the deposit button, it’s blue with an arrow symbol.
- Read and follow the deposit advice. There’s two tabs of advice; institutional advice and Sherpa Romeo advice.
- Upload the file that the publisher permits you to use. This will be detailed on the Sherpa Romeo tab. Our preferred versions are the post-print and published versions of a paper.
- Complete the 3 step deposit process.
- Choose a file and attach it. NOTE: please supply a file instead of a link so users can read the research immediately in Figshare.
- Apply an embargo or creative commons licence. Some publishers require an embargo before you can make the open access version available
- Complete the deposit to make the publication available on Figshare.
- Navigate to https://openaccess.wgtn.ac.nz to see your publication at the top of the homepage.