Journal selection tools can help you select journals that include articles in your field. Some are made available by publishers and can suggest journals based on a title or abstract of a manuscript. Some tools are publisher-free or specialise in a discipline.
- Cabells Journal Whitelist a searchable, curated database of critical information about verified and reputable academic journals. Each journal selected for inclusion has been evaluated and revised by specialists.
- conpher reviews from academics, acceptance and publication times, extensive and created by academics,
22,000 journals from 4000 publishers reviewed, over a million article acceptance and publication times as at June 2020)
- CWTS Journal Indicators Centre for Science and Technology Studies, Leiden University, free access to bibliometric indicators on scientific journals.
- Dimensions paste an abstract into 'Abstract search' to find similar documents and analyse the results using 'Analytical Views'.
- Directory of Open Access Journals search by keywords to find journals and articles in Open Access journals.
- Journal TOCs browse and search tables of contents of over 30,000 journals.
- scirev reviews from academics, duration of manuscript handling phases, characteristics of peer review process, 8,107 reviews for 3,414 journals (as at 3/6/2020)
- Elsevier Journal Finder Search Elsevier journals by title and abstract to find journal titles and their publishing parameters.
- Master Journal List and Manuscript Matcher from Clarivate Analytics EndNote Online. Enter article title, abstract and/or references from your EndNote libraries to find suggested journal titles.
- Springer Journal Suggester Search through Springer and BMC journals by abstract, research description or sample text, and refine results by impact factor, publishing model and open access.
- Wiley Journal Finder Search Wiley journals by keyword, abstract; search or browse journal titles, subject area.
- JANE (Journal/Author Name Estimator) Search medical and health related journals. Enter keywords, a title and/or abstract, to find similar articles and journals indexed in Medline in the last 10 years.
- JournalGuide from Research Square focuses on biomedical journals. Search by paper title, abstract, journal titles, subject category. Uses Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP).