Talis Aspire is the system used at Victoria University to create course reading lists and manage copyright compliance.
All courses must use Talis to create and manage readings that have been copied for course reading lists. Course Coordinators are responsible for ensuring their course complies with this requirement.
The benefits Talis provides are:
- Create and manage reading lists of online and physical resources.
- Directly access material from the Library collection.
- Ensure copyright compliant materials are provided to students.
- Provide guidance to students about how to use the reading list material.
- Allow students to track their own progress through the reading list.
- Reuse reading list items easily across multiple courses or across different trimesters.
- Easy real-time editing and update of reading lists for students.
- Collaborate on reading lists with other staff.
- Create reading list sections to enhance and support the student learning experience.
- Link with Library collection purchasing and access to content.