The Library receives a wide range of print journals and magazines that you can browse in the Library or borrow for up to two weeks.
The latest issues are on display at the front of the Vivian Street Library. Some of the journals on display are:
- 3D World – covers animation, visual effects, games and architectural visualisation for 3D artists.
- Azure – a North American magazine focused on contemporary design, architecture, products and interiors from around the globe.
- Blueprint – an architecture and design magazine published in the UK. Offers a mix of criticism, news and feature writing on design and architecture.
- Computer Arts – contains advice, tutorials and interviews for creative technology users.
- Design Issues – Examines design history, theory and criticism, and provokes inquiry into the cultural and intellectual issues surrounding design. Special issues concentrate on particular themes such as human-computer interface, service design and product design.
- D-Photo – digital photography guide with camera reviews and articles, comprehensive technique features, news and photography competitions.
- Form – covers architecture and design with a special focus on the Nordic region. Includes furniture design, textiles, industrial design, decorative arts and graphic design.
- Make – focuses on do-it-yourself and do-it-with-others projects involving computers, electronics, robotics, metalworking, woodworking and other disciplines. Focuses on step-by-step projects which can often be completed with cheap materials.
- Viewpoint – delivers visual, editorial and statistical information related to the design of lifestyle products. Written by professionals working in the branding and design business.
Back issues are shelved by call number at the back of the Library opposite the student computer room. Look up the journal in Te Waharoa to get its call number.